Education and Teacher Training
The Machado Liceu houses the Education Faculty - Mar 2002
This list will be updated as further information becomes available.
There are subjects common to all courses in this faculty:
- the history of East Timor,
- ethics & morality,
- human rights,
- philosophy of science,
- Portuguese, English & Tetum language.
Education & Teacher Training
- introduction to education, philosophy and sociology of education, works by important educational writings such as Paulo Friere,
- teacher training, instructional design, teaching methods, strategies and practice, educational psychology, teaching and learning processes and interaction, classroom methods, teaching resources, curriculum development,
evaluation, administration and supervision in education, the teaching profession,
- research techniques, educational research,
- adult and community education, health education, environmental education,
women and girls in education, music education, sport and physical education,
guidance and counselling,
- introductory biology, basic chemistry and physics, calculus, basic and advanced statistics,
- General – microbiology, biochemistry, cell biology, life cycles, genetics, evolution, nutrition, laboratory technique, research methods & experiment strategy, computer studies,
- Plants – ecology, systems, anatomy, development, morphology, lower and higher order plants, physiology,
- Animals – ecology, structure, anatomy, physiology, entomology, parasitology, human anatomy and physiology, invertebrate and vertebrate systems.
- pure and applied mathematics (to advanced standard), algebra, trigonometry, geometry, calculus, differential equations,
- numerical method, number theory, complex and vector analysis, statistics, demographics,
- linear programming, computer studies, computer programming, economic mathematics,
- basic biology, physics and chemistry
English, Portuguese, Tetun and Indonesian Linguistics and Literature
- language dictionaries (Eng/Indon, Port/Indon, Port/Eng, Tetum/Eng), language learning & teaching resources,
- general linguistics, language teaching and learning theory,
- descriptive and comparative linguistics, language structure, psycholinguistics, language analysis, philosophy of language, sociolinguistics,
- semantics, phonology, rhetoric, translation, reading, writing and oral skills, pronunciation, syntax, grammar, typology, morphology, vocabulary,
- literary theory and appreciation, philosophy of the arts, fictional prose, poetry, drama, cross-cultural understanding.